1. JOHN1 WOODLAND died 1741.
Notes for JOHN WOODLAND:
Living in Alligator region of Tyrrell County 1713, 1716
More About JOHN WOODLAND:
Probate: 1741, NC Archives/Tyrrell Co. Estates - C.R.096.508.37
Children of JOHN WOODLAND are:
2. i. SAMUEL2 WOODLAND, b. Bef. 1741, Tyrrell County, NC; d. 1777, Tyrrell County, NC.
ii. JOHN WOODLAND.
iii. ROBERT WOODLAND.
Generation No. 2
2. SAMUEL2 WOODLAND (JOHN1) was born Bef. 1741 in Tyrrell County, NC, and died 1777 in Tyrrell County, NC. He married SARAH. She died 1823 in Tyrell County, NC.
More About SAMUEL WOODLAND:
Will: October 01, 1777, Tyrrell Co. Transcribed Wills - Book 1 Page 94
Notes for SARAH:
Sarah Woodland is listed as head of household in the 1786 North Carolina census residing in the district described as "Mark in poplar swamp to Scuppernong River". Living with her are three white males either under 21 or over 60. There are no slaves listed. The census taker was Stephen Swain
She is listed on the 1782 Tyrrell county tax list as having the following property: 200 acres of land, 1 horse and 5 head of cattle. In 1784, she had 150 acres, no free or black polls. In 1786, she had 200 acres again, and no free or black polls.
More About SARAH:
Probate: 1823, NC Archives/Tyrrell Co. Estates - C.R.096.508.37
Children of SAMUEL WOODLAND and SARAH are:
3. i. SAMUEL3 WOODLEY/WOODLAND, b. 1768; d. October 05, 1829.
ii. JOHN WOODLAND, b. Abt. 1766; m. SARAH HAUGHTON, April 16, 1791.
iii. STEPHEN WOODLAND, b. Abt. 1767.
Generation No. 3
3. SAMUEL3 WOODLEY/WOODLAND (SAMUEL2 WOODLAND, JOHN1) was born 1768, and died October 05, 1829. He married NANCY ANN PHELPS June 22, 1791.
Notes for SAMUEL WOODLEY/WOODLAND:
Samuel Woodland is listed in the 1790 Tyrrell census with 2 free white males over the age of 16, 1 free white female and 1 slave. The John Woodland listed on the same census is probably his brother.
More About SAMUEL WOODLEY/WOODLAND:
Property: 1815, 5075 acres of land (value $615), no slaves - 1815 Tyrrell Co. Tax list
Children of SAMUEL WOODLEY/WOODLAND and NANCY PHELPS are:
4. i. SAMUEL P4 WOODLEY, b. February 20, 1806, Washington County, NC, USA; d. July 06, 1878.
ii. ELI WOODLEY, b. 1794; d. 1867; m. HARRIET SPRUILL.
iii. DANIEL WOODLEY, b. Abt. 1799; m. MARY WYNNE, December 29, 1840.
iv. BAILEY WOODLEY, b. 1800; d. 1880; m. (1) CHARLOTTE, Abt. 1830; m. (2) DEBORAH PHELPS, 1845.
5. v. CELIA WOODLEY, b. Abt. 1803.
Generation No. 4
4. SAMUEL P4 WOODLEY (SAMUEL3 WOODLEY/WOODLAND, SAMUEL2 WOODLAND, JOHN1) was born February 20, 1806 in Washington County, NC, USA, and died July 06, 1878. He married (1) MARY DAVENPORT, daughter of HESTER DAVENPORT. He married (2) MARIAH DAVENPORT February 07, 1843, daughter of JAMES DAVENPORT and SUSANNAH. She was born May 25, 1815, and died April 13, 1878.
Notes for SAMUEL P WOODLEY:
In 1850 census, 27 year old Elizabeth Tarkinton is also listed in the household.
More About SAMUEL P WOODLEY:
Occupation: 1850, Farmer - census
Property: 1850, Census valued real estate at $1000
Will: June 06, 1878, Washington County, NC, USA
Children of SAMUEL WOODLEY and MARY DAVENPORT are:
i. WILLIAM BAILEY5 WOODLEY, b. 1828; d. 1844.
ii. JAMES HAMILTON WOODLEY, b. 1830; d. 1836.
iii. SAMUEL WOODLEY, b. 1833; d. 1844.
iv. HESTER WOODLEY, b. 1836; d. 1876; m. JAMES PHELPS.
v. THOMAS SITTLE WOODLEY, b. 1839; d. 1925; m. (1) MARY F. NORMAN; m. (2) MARY A. S. PHELPS.
Children of SAMUEL WOODLEY and MARIAH DAVENPORT are:
6. vi. GEORGE FRANKLIN5 WOODLEY, b. February 08, 1856, Creswell, Washington County, NC; d. June 03, 1933, Scuppernong Twp., Washington County, NC death records, book 9, page 269.
vii. SAMWELL WINFIELD WOODLEY, b. 1849; d. April 15, 1934; m. MARY AMBROSE.
viii. NANCY WOODLEY, b. 1845; d. 1914; m. (1) PHELPS; m. (2) ? AMBROSE.
ix. JAMES JOHNSON WOODLEY, b. 1846; d. 1913; m. ANN PATRICK.
x. SUSANNA WOODLEY, b. 1848; d. 1926; m. HENRY Z.E.B. TARKINGTON.
xi. JOHN GALWAY WOODLEY, b. 1853; d. 1855.
Notes for JOHN GALWAY WOODLEY:
Twin of Mariah.
xii. MARIAH WOODLEY, b. 1853; d. 1855.
Notes for MARIAH WOODLEY:
Twin of John Galway.
xiii. WILLIAM WOODLEY, b. 1841; d. 1842.
5. CELIA4 WOODLEY (SAMUEL3 WOODLEY/WOODLAND, SAMUEL2 WOODLAND, JOHN1) was born Abt. 1803. She married STEVEN DAVENPORT Abt. 1830.
Child of CELIA WOODLEY and STEVEN DAVENPORT is:
i. DOCTINE J.5 DAVENPORT, b. October 02, 1850.
Generation No. 5
6. GEORGE FRANKLIN5 WOODLEY (SAMUEL P4, SAMUEL3 WOODLEY/WOODLAND, SAMUEL2 WOODLAND,
JOHN1) was born February 08, 1856 in Creswell, Washington County, NC, and died
June 03, 1933 in Scuppernong Twp., Washington County, NC death records, book
9, page 269. He married HESTER ANN OLIVER November 26, 1874 in Home of Hezekiah
Oliver, Scuppernong Twshp, Washington County, NC, daughter of HEZEKIAH OLIVER
and HARRIET GOODMAN. She was born January 09, 1858 in Creswell, Washington County,
NC, and died September 28, 1947 in Scuppernong Twp., Washington County, NC death
records, book22, page 429.
Children of GEORGE WOODLEY and HESTER OLIVER are:
i. GEORGE DALLAS6 WOODLEY, b. August 02, 1892, Creswell, Washington County, North Carolina; d. 1975, VA Hospital, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, NC; m. GLADYS LOUDELLA OGBURN, December 13, 1938, Lillington, Harnett County, NC; b. November 18, 1911; d. June 1994, Rex Hospital, Raleigh, Wake County, NC.
ii. HARRIET ANN WOODLEY, b. September 03, 1875; d. November 22, 1931, Scuppernong Twp., Washington County, NC; m. PHELPS.
iii. NANCY MARIAH WOODLEY, b. March 10, 1877; d. June 26, 1966, Creswell, Washington County, NC; m. AINSLEY.
iv. MARY MEG ZILEY WOODLEY, b. Abt. 1879; d. 1884.
v. SABRA BELLE WOODLEY, b. January 05, 1883; d. August 23, 1969, Plymouth, Washington County, NC; m. SAWYER.
vi. EMMA JANE WOODLEY, b. November 01, 1885; d. February 11, 1958; m. DAVENPORT.
vii. MARY CAROLINE WOODLEY, b. April 28, 1888; d. 1983.
viii. BESSIE FRANKLIN WOODLEY, b. May 31, 1890; d. 1984.
ix. IDA LEE WOODLEY, b. December 12, 1894; d. 1990.
x. HELEN IONE WOODLEY, b. May 10, 1898, Creswell, Washington County, NC; d. January 07, 2002, Smithfield Manor, Smithfield, Johnston County, NC; m. W. HERMAN CREECH.xi. WADE LANCELOT WOODLEY, b. May 10, 1898; d. 1991.
xii. AGNES OZELLE WOODLEY, b. February 20, 1901; d. 1990.
xiii. MURREY WOODLEY, b. 1897; d. 1897.
xiv. SAMUEL JAMES WOODLEY, b. 1881.